Sunday, August 04, 2013

Meet Congressional Candidate Mike Collins on August 12th

www.OverhaulDC.com 


Join us on Monday, August 12th at 6:00pm when we host Mike Collins as our guest speaker. Mr. Collins is going to speak on his candidacy for the 10th Congressional District. There will be a question and answer session at the end of his speech. Following Mr. Collins will be Commissioner Doug Lowry. Mr. Lowry is going to give a speech on affordable housing in Clarke County. We look forward to seeing everyone on the 12th.


When: Monday, August 12th at 6:00pm

Where: Country Inn & Suites (236 Old Epps Bridge Road)

Speakers: 10th Congressional District Candidate Mike Collins & A-CC Commissioner Doug Lowry

Mike Collins Bio
A husband, father and owner of Collins Industries, Inc., Mike Collins, is also the son of former Congressman Mike (Mac) Collins who represented Georgia in the United States House of Representatives from 1993 to 2005. 

Mike Collins said, “My father taught me about public service, but more importantly he taught me the values of hard work and getting the job done. My first job was sweeping the floors in the truck garage for a dollar an hour. Now we ship millions of metric tons throughout the U.S. each year.

Collins is a respected small businessman who started his business from scratch in 1992 with one truck. Today, Collins Industries/Collins Trucking employs over 82 people and operates 80 trucks and flatbed trailers throughout the Southeast and Midwestern States.

Collins says his motivation for running for Congress is a desire to fix government. “I will be a strong voice for our conservative values in Congress. Government is out-of-control. It over-regulates and wastes money. The red tape and bureaucracy are strangling business. I’ll put my twenty years of business and managerial experience to work for the people of central Georgia” said Collins.

Collins said “If I tried to start my business today, I'm not sure I could. The politicians and bureaucrats have made it impossible. I’m afraid for my kids and our country. We need to return to an America where entrepreneurs can start a business and working people can keep more of what they earn. We need to free people up and restore the liberties our Founder’s fought for from the Boston Tea Party to Yorktown.”

And Collins says he won’t be deterred from fixing the problem. “Washington needs an overhaul…that’s my business, and that’s what we’re going to do.” Mike Collins is pro-life, pro-family and will defend the Second Amendment.

Mike is a graduate of Georgia State University. He is on the board of various industry and civic organizations. Mike is married to his high school sweetheart, Leigh Ann, and they are the proud parents of three children. They attend church at Rocksprings Church.