AGENDA SETTING SESSION
THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 17, 2011, 7:00 P.M.
If business has not concluded by 9:15 p.m., there will be a 15-minute break.
A. Citizen input. If you wish to address the Mayor and Commission on any item listed below on the consent agenda, please go to the podium and state your name and address. RULES OF THE COMMISSION STATE THAT A CITIZEN MAY SPEAK ONCE DURING THE FOLLOWING PORTION OF THE AGENDA FOR UP TO THREE MINUTES WITH A 30 SECOND REMINDER AT TWO AND A HALF MINUTES.
B. Consent agenda. Recommended by Mayor, Mayor Pro tem, Manager, Deputy Manager, Attorney, and Clerk for placement on the consent agenda for Tuesday, December 6.
1. Approve: Classic Center Expansion (SPLOST 2011 Project #02) – Issuance of general obligation bonds
2. Approve: Design services contract awards for Public Water System Improvements, Group “C” Sub- Projects (SPLOST 2005 Project No. 001)
3. Approve: Pass out with no action: Restriction on number of alcohol licenses
C. Citizen input. If you wish to address the Mayor and Commission on any item listed below under old and new business, please go to the podium and state your name and address. RULES OF THE COMMISSION STATE THAT A CITIZEN MAY SPEAK ONCE DURING THE FOLLOWING PORTION OF THE AGENDA FOR UP TO THREE MINUTES WITH A 30 SECOND REMINDER AT TWO AND A HALF MINUTES.
D. Old business
4. Jennings Mill Parkway (from Commerce Boulevard to Mill Center Boulevard) – Preliminary
E. New business
5. East Athens Community Park Phase II Development – Sub-Project II-B (SPLOST 2005 Project #06) – Construction contract
6. Revisions to the public art ordinance
7. Amended design guidelines for historic districts and landmarks. A public hearing is tentatively scheduled Tuesday, December 6.
F. Receive staff reports on recommendations from the Athens-Clarke County Planning Commission. A public hearing is tentatively scheduled Tuesday, December 6.
8. Request of Brady and Bears, LLC for special use in RM-2, A (Mixed density residential, Airport overlay zone) on 0.59 acres known as 878 Oconee Street. Proposed use is single-family dwellings. Type I. Districts 4 and 9
Planning Commission recommendation: Approve w/conditions (unanimous)
9. Text amendments regarding community tree management.
Planning Commission recommendation: Approve (unanimous)
1. City Hall Complex Streetscape (SPLOST IV Project #005 and SPLOST 2000 Project #026) – preliminary
plans. (Thursday, November 19, 2009)
2. Dearing Extension between Evans Street and West Hancock Avenue – proposed one-way eastbound
operation. (Thursday, June 17, 2010)
3. Green building ordinance. (Thursday, October 21, 2010)
4. Wanassed Street – Proposed abandonment of roadways and other public infrastructure and disposal of
associated right-of-way and easements. (Tuesday, October 20, 2011)
5. Castalia Avenue parking prohibition – East side from Milledge Circle to Oakland Avenue. (Tuesday, October 20, 2011)