The Clarke County Republican Party is sponsoring a debate featuring GOP candidates for the governorship of Georgia. The debate will take place at the University of Georgia’s Grady College of Journalism auditorium at 7:00 p.m. on the evening of Tuesday, 19 January 2010.
Invited Republican candidates for the office of Governor include:
• Georgia State SenatorJeff Chapman of Brunswick
• United States Representative Nathan Deal of Gainesville
• Georgia Secretary of State Karen Handel of Atlanta
• Georgia State Senator Eric Johnson of Savannah
• Businessman Ray McBerry of Cumming
• Georgia Insurance Commissioner John Oxendine of Lawrenceville
• Georgia State Representative Austin Scott of Tifton
Moderating the debate will be WNEG-TV news anchor Ray Metoyer. Panelists include WALB-TV news anchor Dawn Hobby, WGCL-TV news co-anchor Stephanie Fisher, and WGAU radio news director Tim Bryant.
Radio and television broadcasts will cover the entire state. WNEG of Toccoa, WALB of Albany, WGCL of Atlanta, and WMAZ of Macon will televise the debate live. Several other TV stations around the state will have access to the feed for later broadcast. Also, the debate will be broadcast live on WGAU radio in the Athens area and will be available across the state on many of the 114 radio stations affiliated with the Georgia News Network.
Mark your calendars now.